[LAU] which ubuntu-studio for intel i7?

Andras Simon szajmi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 20:12:45 EST 2009

On 12/8/09, Scott <lau at troutpocket.org> wrote:
> Andras Simon wrote:
>>> I'm not using Ubuntu Studio, but Fedora 12 x64 is amazingly stable.  It
>>> should be using a similar RT kernel, if not the same.  Unless you have
>>> some app that's only compiled in 32bit and you're not able to make a
>>> 64bit version, go x64.
>>
>> Not to hijack this thread, but where do you get your RT kernel for
>> Fedora? CCRMA? Or do you roll your own?
>
> CCRMA.  See this link:
>
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetcore/12/x86_64/repoview/

There are a few important applications (ardour, for example) that I
don't see there
or here:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/12/x86_64/repoview/Applications.Multimedia.group.html

This may be a problem, because ordinary Fedora musical applications
can't be used with CCRMA's core (kernel, jackd, etc.), I think.

> Which should be included in the CCRMA metafile for yum.  Whoever is keeping
> F12 CCRMA
> repo up to date is doing an amazing job.  They deserve a medal!

Send it to Fernando Lopez-Lezcano :-)

Andras