[LAU] Linux netlabel?

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 05:01:16 EST 2009

Hartmut Noack wrote:

> If somebody is willing to make such a site, I would be happy to
> support it by offering collaboration in development of the site and
> hosting it for free on my server....

I think bandcamp was a valid point regarding bandwidth. For instance I
had 400+ plays of modlys songs the last week + a few downloads, and I'm
just little me. Supposed someone got really popular with, say 10x the
traffic of little me. Supposed you hosted 10 of such artist...

My math might be wrong, but with 4MB/song that would be about 4 * 40000
/ 1024 = 156 Gb in a week. Even without download of albums in high
quality, I feel that might be taxing on most hostings. Or would you,
Hartmut, be prepared to handle such a load? I might be totally wrong,
and this load could be peanuts...

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk