[LAU] [OT] Chat programs for the graphic

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Dec 9 13:36:52 EST 2009

Hi,

On Wednesday 09 December 2009 18:45:30 Julien Claassen wrote:
>    Sorry for posting this here. But I suppose chatting and messenging is
>  not such an uncommon task. So what would you recommend if I specified my
>  plea like that;
>    It should be able to understand e-mail, irc, icq and yahoo messenger.
>  For mail it could be a different tool.
>    But a mail tool should be able to export mails to .doc or something
>  similar. And of course it should look nice. :-) If possible I should be
>  able to export a lot of mails at one time.

If your friend is using KDE as desktop environment there is no reason not to
use kmail for mail, kopete for instant messaging and for example choqok for
twitter/identica. IRC is best handled by konversation or quassel...

kmail integrates very good into kontact, a full features personal information
management suite. And kopete uses the same address book for its contacts.

Have fun,

Arnold