[LAU] midi control of seq24

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:25:35 EST 2009

hi friends!

I've got an edirol pcr keyboard that I would like to use to control
seq24.  the readme file that comes with the application explains that
you can use midi to toggle patterns:

* [midi-control]

        For each sequence, we can set up midi events to turn a
        sequence on, off, or toggle it.  We see the following
        lines in the [midi-control] section:

        0  [0 0 0 0 0 0]   [0 0 0 0 0 0]   [0 0 0 0 0 0]
        1  [0 0 0 0 0 0]   [0 0 0 0 0 0]   [0 0 0 0 0 0]
        2  [0 0 0 0 0 0]   [0 0 0 0 0 0]   [0 0 0 0 0 0]

I have no idea what this means.  here are my (somewhat random) questions:

1.  is there an app that I can view what midi messages my keyboard is sending?
2.  what does that snippet mean?  what do I need to be doing with my keyboard?
3.  nowhere does the file mention play start/stop.  can anyone
confirm/deny that start/stop functionality exists?

thanks everyone!

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com