[LAU] Anyone has experience with OSS (3 or 4)? (fwd)

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Dec 12 02:53:02 EST 2009

Gwenhwyfaer wrote:
> On 11/12/2009, Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:
>> On 12/12/2009 01:32 AM, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
>>> After about 10 years of frustration...
>
>> Are you tired of ALSA or of apps... that don't support 64bit systems correctly?
>
> I'm no expert, but I think the clue might be in the question... ;)

ALSA has been very well behaved for me. I think I have 1 or 2 audio apps
around here that don't support ALSA (requiring OSS) but they work with
the alsa-oss wrapper.

64-bit could be the problem. Particularly the shortage of 64-bit device
drivers? I have nothing here running 64-bit, although the desktop
machine's Sempron could run 64-bit.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com