[LAU] Composing fast[was] LAM annual Best of mix 2009

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Sat Dec 12 12:38:11 EST 2009

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 13:28:15 +0100
rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com> wrote:

> David Adler wrote:
> >> [...] Seq24's song mode didn't work on my 64-bit system (still might not; haven't checked in a while).
> >>

> > It does work, just for the record.
> >
> > best,
> > _____________
> non-sequencer and non-daw are interesting when it comes to fast composing...
>
> \r

When I'm composing I usually just treat the sequencer/daw as a posh
taperecorder and completely ignore any bar representations etc. This
gives me a free-flowing but editable, multi-trackable result.

Where I expect to be doing a LOT of layering, I'll run a metronome, and
on very rare occasions I'll lay down a drum/bass track in step mode.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk