[LAU] Music made with linux: Modlys - Et barn er født i Betlehem

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Dec 13 08:31:45 EST 2009

Hi Atte,

Julien Claassen wrote:
> ... The only thing, and that is only something
> personal, is, that I dislike the snare-sound. Well the sound, that in a real
> drumkit would have translated as snare.

I agree with Julien's criticism. The song is fun, but those electro-drum
sounds grate on my nerves. They always have, I've never had a taste for
that sound.

>    Some very good chord progressions! I love especially the chorus or bridge
> part. Don't know, where it fits in your songstructure. I guess it's a chorus.

Excellent chord structure, some surprising changes in there. You have a
good feeling for harmony.

>    The voice effect sounds very late 90s early 2000s. Pitty you didn't let up
> on it once. That would have set some accentuations.

Again I agree with Julien on this point. Of course the matter is one of
personal taste. I happen to prefer a relatively un-effected voice,
especially a voice as good as your singer's.

Overall this one sounds like an experiment with a new approach to
production. Keep at it, we're listening. :)

As always, thanks for sharing your fine work.

Best,

dp