[LAU] [OT] recommended partition manager ?

David Adler david.jo.adler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 07:42:46 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> My laptop has seen a variety of installs over the past year, and I now
> have a fair amount of delegated but unused disk space. Is there a
> recommended procedure or program that can re-acquire that space for my
> Karmic installation ? I've never repartitioned a disk *after* an
> installation, so I'm a bit nervous about the process. Advice is needed
> and welcome.

I'm quite sure you heard of it, gparted livecd comes
into mind.
To cite the FAQ regarding safety: 'Short answer: Yes, it
is safe :)'.
Well, keep the usual caution and do backup everything.

I never had issues, just used it a few times. Once for
exactly that task - deleting partitions and resizing/
moving existing ones to cover the free space while
keeping all their data.

Usage is graphical and just simple.

best,