[LAU] routing jack-midi to alsa-midi?

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 15:32:41 EST 2009

Hi folks, I have a Firepod with midi on board. I got it working ( thanks to
help from here ) and jack starts up, qjackctl shows its ports in the connect
window. I'm stumped with how to route midi signals from the firepods midi
port, which *only* appears in the jack-midi tab of connections, to the
alsa-seq midi ports of the applications I want to control.

I read this:
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/faq/start?redirect=1#qwhat_is_the_difference_between_jack-midi_and_alsa-midi

And it says that I can start qjackctl with three options for midi-in-jack:
none, raw, and seq. Sounds like seq is what I want but I can't find anywhere
in qjackctl to choose this.

Thanks
iain