[LAU] [ANN] MusE 1.0

sonofzev at iinet.net.au sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 22 00:31:07 EST 2009

On Mon Dec 21 19:05 , david  sent:

>Robert Jonsson wrote:
>
>>> One suggestion (but it may be too big a deal as the KDE folks found out!), go
>>> to the more up to date QT4.
>>
>> There are no immediate plans to move, Qt3 should be around in distros
>> yet for a few years. But eventually we will move. Not the least,
>> there's stuff in Qt4 that would be nice to use. :)
>
>Don't rush it. Just keep in mind that there's stuff in Qt4 that doesn't
>work that works fine in Qt3, too.
>
>--

TMany that use MusE regularly are more concerned about jackmidi and other
features that bring new functionality or interoperability. From my understanding
QT4 is more of a cosmetic update and wouldn't necessarily bring more sequencer
functionality in. (correct me if I'm wrong) However migrating could require a
major overhaul....

Robert and Tim have put in a hell of a lot of work in the past year or so and
MusE is functioning really really well.  It may look a bit dated.. but that's
really not the point is it?