[LAU] [ANN] MusE 1.0

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Dec 22 14:45:54 EST 2009

Brent Busby wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Dec 2009, sonofzev at iinet.net.au wrote:
>
>> TMany that use MusE regularly are more concerned about jackmidi and
>> other features that bring new functionality or interoperability. From
>> my understanding QT4 is more of a cosmetic update and wouldn't
>> necessarily bring more sequencer functionality in. (correct me if I'm
>> wrong) However migrating could require a major overhaul....
>>
>> Robert and Tim have put in a hell of a lot of work in the past year or
>> so and MusE is functioning really really well.  It may look a bit
>> dated.. but that's really not the point is it?
>
> Actually, I'm kind of dreading KDE/QT 4, because nothing I've seen or
> heard of it has impressed me.  As for looking dated, these days, usually
> that seems to be defined by most people as not looking like a recent
> version of Windows, which also isn't something I really aspire to with
> my desktop anyway.
>
> I think I'd agree with everything you've said -- if MusE (or any app)
> decided to stay on QT3 for longer, it wouldn't break my heart at all!

A friend of mine who is busy trying to push me into using KDE4 says "It
has more eye candy than Windows!" as if that is something wonderful!

I also understand that Qt4 is supposed to be completely cross-platform
now, so KDE will be able to run KDE4 on Windows.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community