[LAU] Beatrix in the house

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Thu Dec 24 01:19:48 EST 2009

I somehow seem to have acquired a non-context sort-of-patch to add JACK audio and ALSA MIDI support to the orphaned last release of Beatrix. Many thanks to whomever did that!

I had to make a few minor modifications of my own, which, sadly, I'm not allowed to redistribute either.

Basically I added support for Note On Velocity 0's instead of Note Off's, fixed a denormal problem in the whirl (the Leslie) function, made the ALSA MIDI reject events on MIDI channels greater than what it could support, whacked the reverb since I don't use it anyway, and adjusted the Leslie SLOW/FAST code so that it works with the Modwheel (as I'm used to from AZR-3, making Beatrix a drop-in replacement for it).

And, to celebrate, I created a small demo:

http://www.restivo.org/blog/podpress_trac/web/492/0/beatrix-martin-wood-mix.ogg

Please excuse the crappy drumming: I tapped in the drums on pads, since this was all done in Mplayer and jack_capture, no sequencers used... hence the clipping at the end too.

Happy holidays to all!

-ken