[LAU] And now, a REAL Hammond B3

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Wed Dec 30 17:37:15 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 08:48:07PM +0000, Folderol wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:38:39 -0800
> Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
>
> > Looks like the guys from LAHAR have posted a few selections from one of last month's gigs:
> >
> > http://www.myspace.com/laharmusic
>
> So that's what you get up to when nobody's watching :D
>
> Thanks for sharing.

Always welcome :-)

I really enjoy working with these guys. Last night at the Boom Boom Room, some random (and rather inebriated) women from the audience climbed up on stage and just started dancing, for no reason at all. They were having a great time. Then two of them began grinding against each other on the dancefloor in a most lascivious manner. It's very nice to be provided entertainment whilst providing entertainment.

A couple had been making out in the back near the sound guy, for hours on end, starting before our soundcheck. Towards the middle of our second set, we dedicated a song to them, and renamed it "Get A Room" in their honor. They didn't.

Towards the end of the second set, the room has mostly emptied, with the notable exception of the couple at the back. Our sound guy, having had quite enough of them, left the board and sat at the front of the bar near the stage, from where he shouted out at us between songs, singing a little impromptu riff describing an obscure and extremely vulgar and scatalogical sex act. We immediately played his riff (we have good ears, and so did he: he was in D pentatonic scale), came up with a funky groove for it on the spot, sang his vile lyric along with it a few times, jammed on that theme for a while, and then wondered out loud and on mic how anyone could possibly continue making out whilst such things were being sung. They left soon afterwards.

Tomorrow night's show should be an adventure :-)

-ken