[LAU] Lash 0.6.0-rc2 compiling help

Joel Roth joelz at pobox.com
Tue Feb 3 04:22:03 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 09:47:47AM +0200, Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> Shouldn't there be an '-I/usr/include' appearing above?
> >
> > Yes, there should be nothing "local" in the Makefile if you do a search.
> > Most probably pkg-config isn't right, but this should not happen in Debian.
> > Paths aren't the problem here, though. Try:
> >
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr \
> >                 --without-jack-dbus
> >
> > I've read there's a problem with jack1+dbus. Sorry I can't be of more
> > qualified help, but an e-mail to a Debian package maintainer, lash and jack
> > dev will definitely shed light.

> LASH using jack1+dbus is indeed not good combination. But I doubt the
> compilation problem is related to this.

> Joel Roth <joelz at pobox.com> wrote:
> > Could there be a JACK version problem? LASH expects
> > jack_version > 0.99, but the latest JACK I have is 0.116.
> > I had just hacked that part:
> >
> > MISSING_REQUIRED="    JACK >= 0.1"
>
> So you disabled a check against jack2. I think lash was working with
> jack1 in dbus-less mode but I havent tested it much.

I see that I came late to the party. I didn't know about
jack2 or jack1.

The JACK website makes no mention of jack2.  However I have
found your pages, enough to get an inkling of the issues
involved. Looking at the LASH manual I thought I might be
able to get access to the LASH dynamic library for an
application written in perl. Might make more sense to
start with an older version of LASH.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

--
Joel Roth