[LAU] Success! An Asus EEE softsynth!

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 16:40:07 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 4:28 AM, Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
> I'm stunned that this even works, but it does, and astoundingly well!

Hey Ken!  Glad to hear you've gotten this going.  As I've said before
to you, what you do with Linux is an inspiration.

Just some quick questions:

I've been thinking about purchasing a used laptop for some simple
softsynths.  I was curious:  Why did you go with the netbook approach
instead of, say, a used laptop?  Are you satisfied with the outcome
considering the work you have in it?

As I said, I'm trying to do something similar, but I'm torn as to
which way to go, which is why I'm hitting you with all of this.  :)

Thanks again!

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com