[LAU] FST status update

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Fri Feb 6 17:04:41 EST 2009

2009/2/6 Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 1:25 PM,  <torbenh at gmx.de> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 10:05:26AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
>>> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:00 AM,  <torbenh at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> i just tested a bit with reaktor 5.1.x (current demo)
>> and it seems to work fine standalone.
>>
>> and because the symptoms are the same for the other NI plugs,
>> which draw a black window, i guess, reaktor is likely to work
>> in dssi-vst.

yes it does.

>> i have a feeling, what it could be....
>>
> Reaktor Session is not Reaktor. It was like a non-programmable just
> start it up and make sounds version that was cheap and only around for
> a while before they discontinued it.

Yes, but the gui-implementation was similar, I think.
They mostly had the same issues.

>  Let me know what version of wine, FST and dssi-vst and I'll try to
> find some time to test it.

wine-1.1.13
current fst from git
wine-asio 0.5 ( wine-asio 0.7.3 did not work with it !! ) ( don't
forget: regsvr32 wineasio.dll )
ReaktorSession and Reaktor 5.1.5.002 are working.

I've sometimes had difficulties using
a program installed with an old wine version.
To be sure, start with a fresh install .
(rename the .wine directory , re-create it with winecfg and a do a
fresh install)

--
Emanuel Rumpf