[LAU] Linux systems as a distributed speaker array

James Cameron quozl at us.netrek.org
Mon Feb 9 18:25:34 EST 2009

Has anyone done this?  An evenly spaced set of Linux systems that
communicate over wireless and provide a simultaneous wavefront.

(Context: a late night OLPC XO flashing party at a cold warehouse wants
some entertainment while they work.  We realise the built-in speakers
don't move much air mass when they oscillate, ultra-lame, but we can
add more systems.)

What tools exist to synchronise the audio outputs of several different
kernels?  They all have the same audio hardware, if that helps.