[LAU] orchestra mixing, reverb, and spatialization

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Wed Feb 11 07:51:32 EST 2009

On Wednesday 11 February 2009 02:47:31 Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
> > There is another program by the same author of the tap plugins called
> > reverbed that lets you edit just about every aspect of the reflections.
>
> I've already played with it. It is very nice indeed, but it requires
> handcrafting of all parameters. For instance, one has to specify each early
> reflection by hand. It would be much more convenient to be able to specify
> the size of the room, the position and size of the instrument, the position
> of the listener, and some parameters for the walls ; and let the program
> compute the corresponding early reflections patterns. It is probably not
> that difficult to do, as it only requires basic 2D geometry.

This is my dream born of ignorance...

Take a multitrack recording in something like ardour.
NAME each track.
Feed all tracks to a plugin that has a graphical representation of a sound
stage.
The NAMES (with icons) from the adrour tracks show up from left to right on
the stage.
You can grab the icons and drag them about the stage in realtime and hear the
changes in the output of the plugin.

Thoughts?

drew