[LAU] an rt kernel for ubuntu 8.10 ?

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sat Feb 14 08:24:30 EST 2009

Greetings,

As some of you know, I've had nothing but trouble with Ubuntu's rt
kernel, specifically 2.6.27-3-rt from the current repos. As a result
I've been working in non-realtime, and I'm not happy about it.

So, what's my best procedure here ? Shall I compile my own kernel, and
if so, what's the currently recommended kernel source package ? I want
decent realtime performance from this machine, a 2 GHz notebook, and I'm
willing to do some building if necessary.

Is the patch for ALSA (that showed up on this list) included in any
contemporary sources ?

Is anyone here running Ubuntu 8.10 with an rt kernel, and if so, which one ?

Best,

dp