[LAU] an rt kernel for ubuntu 8.10 ?

pete shorthose zenadsl6252 at zen.co.uk
Sat Feb 14 15:31:03 EST 2009

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 15:11:02 -0500
Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> Mark Knecht wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Btw, will I still need the LAU list patch for ALSA ?
> >>

> > ?????? What's that? We need a kernel patch to make the LAU list work?  ;-)
> >

> Sometimes I wonder, sometimes I wonder... :)
>
> Someone posted a patch that fixed an ALSA problem. I still have the
> message, I'll find it and apply the patch. IIRC it's a one-line fix
>
> > Here are the links that Steven posted when -rt14 was released. You
> > might start with these and take a copy of my -rt12 .config file. you'd
> > probably only need to change chipset stuff to get it working:
> >

> >>   http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.26.tar.bz2
> >>   http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/patch-2.6.26.8.bz2
> >>   http://rt.et.redhat.com/download/patch-2.6.26.8-rt14.bz2
> >>

> > There's also an -rt15 but I didn't see much traffic on that.
> >

> He's already up to rt16 but I'll stick with rt14 for now. Please do send
> your kernel config file, I don't mind starting from scratch but it'll be
> helpful to have a head start. :)

I'm not sure whether you are referring to starting from the default config
or just the incremental changes vs your current kernel config but in case
it's helpful to anyone, you can get your current kernel config from
 /boot/config-`uname -r` and all the other kernels you have installed
via the package manager (including make-kpkg kernels you compiled yourself).
are in /boot too.

pete.