[LAU] Phonic Helix Board 24 on Fedora

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 10:46:14 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 5:17 AM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:
> hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
>> For some reason there is jack support in all the major video players
>> and afaik it's done wrong in all of them (autoconnecting and
>> disconnecting on several occasions, which renders it pretty much
>> useless).
>>
>> My guess is that they just want to have a nice feature list...
>>

> Players that rely on PortAudio, GStreamer, or PulseAudio must utilize
> the backend's JACK implementation. The builders of those systems need to
> understand the non-utility of how the backends are handling JACK
> connectivity. OTOH, players that use JACK directly have no excuse for
> sub-standard handling of the connections.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

\
No disagreements from me. However there is no education for the user
of these players so somewhere along the way these nice folks start
using Jack - good connections or not - and then they open something
like the qjackctl message window - and then they see xruns - and then
they start learning I guess. :-)

The Circle of Life?

- I'm Mark and I'm sticking with that story for now...