[LAU] Hydrogen 0.9.4 beta3 released

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Sun Feb 15 15:28:26 EST 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:25:40 +0100
Sebastian Moors <mauser at smoors.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i just wanted to let you know that we released a third beta version
> of hydrogen 0.9.4 last week.
> This version is said to be very stable in comparison to prior
> versions, so we would like to get some feedback from
> interested users :)
>
> The source can be found here:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=24662&package_id=17278&release_id=358461
> For more informations (like changelog and links to binaries) look
> here:
> http://hydrogen-music.org/forum/?action=show_thread&thread=1005&fid=9&page=1
> Thanks!
> - Sebastian

Hi,
I'm glad that development is active and I bet a lot of others are as
well.
However this version suffers from some old problems.

One of them is that in order to compile it on my distribution (arch
linux) I have to:
 export QTDIR=/usr

Then there is the crash/segfault when it is started with jack running
with -Xseq. It starts reliably with -Xraw.
The stdout of such a crash is in the attached tarball.

And there are some warnings during compiletime, the output is attached
as well.

I hope this helps, please contact me for further information