[LAU] [ANN] Das_Watchdog V0.9.0

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Sun Feb 15 16:23:18 EST 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 04:44:53PM +0100, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

> ABOUT
> -----
> Das_Watchdog is a general watchdog for the linux operating system that
> should run in the background at all times to ensure a realtime process
> won't hang the machine.
>

> DOWNLOAD
> --------
> http://archive.notam02.no/arkiv/src/?C=M;O=D
> http://folk.uio.no/ksvalast/arkiv/src/?C=M;O=D
>

> CHANGES 0.3.1 -> 0.9.0:
> -----------------------
> * Removed timer process testing. This was only a problem with older 2.6
>    kernels. (think it was fixed early 2006 or thereabout). No scary
>    messages printed to the screen anymore.
> * Tested on Fedora core 10.
> * Cleaned up documentation a bit and added instructions for installing on
>    Fedora, Gentoo and Debian.

Very cool.

This is totally random, but it reminds me, 10 years ago, when I used to work on PC's back when laptops had floppy drives, and before Linux supported a lot of hardware, I'd keep a DOS floppy handy for troubleshooting purposes. It was called, of course, "DOS BOOT".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_boot

-ken