[LAU] an rt kernel for ubuntu 8.10 ?

Gordon J. C. Pearce MM3YEQ gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Tue Feb 17 08:16:47 EST 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 08:24 -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> As some of you know, I've had nothing but trouble with Ubuntu's rt
> kernel, specifically 2.6.27-3-rt from the current repos. As a result
> I've been working in non-realtime, and I'm not happy about it.
>
> So, what's my best procedure here ? Shall I compile my own kernel

Stop using Ubuntu.  Their realtime kernel is seriously flawed in many
ways.  USB MIDI is broken, and there is little or no support for
binary-only drivers.

Since Ubuntu seems to be going down the Microsoft-like "You will do it
our way or you will not do it at all" route, I can no longer recommend
Ubuntu for any purpose.

Gordon