[LAU] Debian Lenny make-kpkg compiling probs...

sv-e at sv-e.dk sv-e at sv-e.dk
Tue Feb 17 09:51:37 EST 2009

> I would suggest to start with a fresh .config file instead the old one.
> I compiled two days ago on a i386 the linux-source-2.6.26-13 with the
> rt-16
> patch and everything went just fine.

> 2009/2/17 <sv-e at sv-e.dk>
>
>> Hi List
>>
>> I'm on the "compile yourself a kernel track" once again. Last time I ran
>> out of luck, but now after Debian Lenny became official stable I'd
>> thougth
>> I'll give it one more try, but I'm running into problem when it comes to
>> buil the kernel with the make-kpkg tool after loading in the  old saved
>> .config with menuconfig and rt adjustments done, the following error
>> message comes up:
>>
>> ***************************************************
>>
>> nclude/linux/sched.h: In function '__raw_spin_needbreak':
>> include/linux/sched.h:2245: warning: passing argument 1 of
>> '__raw_spin_is_contended' from incompatible pointer type
>> make[3]: *** [arch/x86/kernel/asm-offsets.s] Fejl 1
>> make[2]: *** [prepare0] Fejl 2
>> make[2]: Forlader katalog '/usr/src/linux-2.6.26.1'
>> make[1]: *** [debian/stamp/conf/kernel-conf] Fejl 2
>> make[1]: Forlader katalog '/usr/src/linux-2.6.26.1'
>> make: *** [debian/stamp/conf/minimal_debian] Fejl 2
>> Failed to create a ./debian directory: Ingen sådan fil eller filkatalog
>> at
>> /usr/bin/make-kpkg line 1048.
>> dhcppc2:/usr/src/linux-2.6.26.1#
>>
>> ***************************************************
>>
>> One again I must apologize for the Danish language version of my system
>> ;)
>>
>> I run the make-kpkg --initrd --append-to-version=-rt**** as root, what
>> else can I do, should I try a different kernel version ?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Sv-e

Okay, maybe I'm stupid or something, I can't get it working :( I got realy
mad and droped the Debian way, installed SUSE-11.1 64 bit version, and so
far I've installed Jack + Adour + ladspa,and the stock rt-kernel and I
must say, WAU!

Now I have all the bling and fuzz my Lenovo T61p can offer, and a stable
jack too.

Last time I tried it out "11.0" the rt-kernel was bad and unstable, it
seems to be much better now, I find it lovely not to have to neerd too
much, I rather make music...

Best regards