[LAU] splitting a large file

David Adler david.jo.adler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 21:32:43 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Emanuel Rumpf <xbran at web.de> wrote:
> Oh, I forgot to change the topic, so again..
>
> Hi
>
> I'd like to split a large file ( in w64 wav format )
> into smaller pieces of about 3 minutes length.
> (and later convert the pieces to mp3)
>
> Any suggestions how to reasonable (fast and simple) accomplish that?

If it is an option to convert before splitting you could
use anything (ecasound) for conversion and then
qmp3cut from the quelcom audio utilities or mp3split.
They cut without re-encoding.

For a gui I'd use audacity.
I'm Just pondering about command line options, things
could be automated then...

qwavcut from quelcom doesn't seem to like .w64 files,
I don't know about tools for cutting them.

best,
david