[LAU] Starting a bunch of jack client

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Wed Feb 18 16:31:16 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:13:39PM +0100, thomas skellund wrote:

> How do I start say 5 small jack applications and connect them all as i
> wish?
>
> Im thinking:
>
> 1. Start qjackCtl with appropiate client bindings set i Patchbay
> 2. Start clients with script
>
> What's better or smarter you think?

Depends entirely on how it's supposed to be
used. The script way can be entirely automatic,
without requiring any user interaction at all.
It also allows for more error checking, you
could e.g. monitor the state of the clients
and restart them if necessary. It would also
allow a full cleanup after use.

Ciao,

--
FA