[LAU] Updating without cvs or svn

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Feb 21 04:07:06 EST 2009

OK. Only reason I mentioned it is that a few weeks ago, I reinstalled
Lenny on my server, and noticed that the whole Debian shebang can be
downloaded as 5 DVD images. That would provide the entire Debian
repository on disk.

A thought for the future: download the packages/tarballs/etc you need,
put them all on CD/DVD, keep handy?

Another thought: make an image of your system partition, put it on
CD/DVD, install any basic Linux distro on a rump partition at the end of
the drive, boot from that, then restore the image to the main partition?

A question: Why no net access for the laptop? Can't borrow your friend's
connection?

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com