[LAU] good linux distros for audio

Michiel michiel33 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 11:29:16 EST 2009

I am currently running Ubuntu Hardy Heron and I am quite dissatisfied with
its audio performance. I find it a complete mess of settings that sometimes
work and sometimes dont. Skype does not work at all, neither does Second
Life Voice. Other audio applications sometimes work and sometimes dont. I
have tried a lot of recommendations on many forums. Reading those forums I
do get the impression that Ubuntu is not a good choice for audio at all. So
here is my question:

Which Linux distro is regarded as a good and reliable choice for audio?
Playing, recording, gaming, voip, etc.

Regards
Mikk