[LAU] good linux distros for audio

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sun Feb 22 13:49:59 EST 2009

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:13:26 +0100
mikk <michiel33 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Joe. I may have to try Fedora then. Does skype run well on it? Also
> with Video?

I've never used skype, so I can't say anything about that.  For video,
I used the tips at http://www.gagme.com/greg/linux/f9-tips.php for
installing video codecs, Flash and Java, and have been happy about that.

I don't bother with any of the Real stuff, though - it used to be so
problematic I stopped using it, and rarely find content I'd care to see
with it.

> And what about disabling PulseAudio.... this package seems to cause quite
> some trouble, ive seen it being duscussed on the Ubuntu forum as well. Some
> recommending to remove it, others disagreeing.

I had had an issue with it holding on to devices when I wanted them, so
I disabled it and haven't missed it since.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com