[LAU] Ingen install (Ubuntu): Configure error

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Feb 24 17:39:00 EST 2009

urfaust at Safe-mail.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to install the Ingen soft synth (via svn) on my Ubuntu 8.10 machine.
> I used the tutorial from
> http://dev.drobilla.net/wiki/IngenInstallation
>
> Unfortunately, I got some errors while configuring (and so could not install). But I do not really see what I would have to do to make them disappear.
>
> Here's the concole output of configure: http://nopaste.debianforum.de/19330
> And my config.log file: http://nopaste.debianforum.de/19331
>
> Maybe someone could have a look at that and give a hint on how to proceed now.

Recently I built the whole SVN trunk for Dave Robillard's software, on
Ubuntu 8.10. The stock Ubuntu repos do not have the most current
versions of some of the dependencies, so I wound up compiling the needed
versions (with ./configure --prefix=/usr) and installed them over the
existing versions. Everything compiled fine, and what I've tested so far
works fine. IIRC I had to build and install the latest versions of the
Raptor and Redlands stuff.

Best,

dp