[LAU] good linux distros for audio

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Wed Feb 25 21:41:41 EST 2009

Le Lundi, 23 février 2009 17:25:45 +0100,
mikk <michiel33 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Who can explain to me why it seems to be so hard to get a stable
> audio and video environment in Linux (not requiring recompilations
> and intricate tweaks) while this problem seems to have been solved
> quite satisfactorily in Windows? What is the fundamental reason for
> this?

For me it's simple: everything worked fine and then 'they' came up with
Pulse Audio.

Also, while at it:

kpdf worked fine and then 'they' got rid of it and replaced it with
some Okular in the newest KDE 4.x.

The Konqueror web browser had nice icons to zoom in/out of pages
and then 'they' removed them totally.

You could drag and drop files from a file manager to a console window
and then 'they' removed that functionality in KDE 4.x.

I could assign Alt-1. Alt-2, etc... to switch desktops and then they
made that really hard to assign in KDE 4.x (still haven't found it)

OK, what else... hmmm... can't find anything else.  For the moment :-)

I don't know if this is progress, but sometimes I doubt it.