[LAU] no midi with 2.6.26 or 2.6.27

Tony Smolar tsmolars at netscape.net
Sat Feb 28 20:13:27 EST 2009

Greetings,

Ever since I updated my system to Fedora 8,  I haven't been able to use
my external MIDI keyboard or the wavetable on my sblive card via aplaymidi.

aplaymidi will usually play the first note of a song, and nothing
more.   Kmid does exactly the same thing.

yet the 'aplay' command seems able to read and write to the MIDI port.

I am running  2.6.26.8-57.fc8,  and I've also tried 2.6.27.13 both have
the same issue.    The correct drivers do exist.  I haven't noticed any
errors in the logs.
I'm hoping to finally get this resolved, and I can send whatever info is
needed.

Thanks,
Anthony Smolar