[LAU] Advice on scripted assembling and mixing of a Radio Show

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Thu Jan 1 12:12:17 EST 2009

I have started a radio show called the Midnight Freedom Show. I plan on
featuring one Free licensed song each night just after midnight.

It is expected to play on Y98 in the Bahamas but I am also in discussions to
get it to play on several college radio stations as well. (If you can help me
get it on other stations as well, all help would be appreciated.)

What I think I need to do is something like:

[Station Name] this is Z bringing you the Midnight Freedom Show, tonight
featuring [Song Name by Artist] etc. [song plays] That was [Song Name by
Artist] here on [Station Name] etc.

Show ends. Oh, and there is a bed playing under the DJ bits.

So, the show should be "customized" for each station but I don't want a huge
workload for myself and I don't want to push the work down to the stations
unless they want it.

So I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to script this up so as to
assemble the bits automatically for each station. (I hope what I am asking is
clear, if you need clarification, please question me until things clear up.)

I think I am going to look into the possibilities of ecasound first.

all the best,

drew