[LAU] command line playlist (m3u) creator anyone?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Thu Jan 1 14:58:05 EST 2009

Now that I know that the playlist is just a list of files, this is
all fairly easy, if kept simple.  My confusion stemmed from looking
at the .m3u files generated elsewhere which contained a bunch of
extras besides just the file locations.

So, what's the difference between a .m3u playlist and a .pls playlist?

Also, read my response to Gabriel's post, below.

On 1 January 2009 at 7:31, "Gabriel M. Beddingfield" <gabriel at teuton.org> wrote:

> fapg  "Fast Audio Playlist Generator"
> http://royale.zerezo.com/fapg/
>
> If you use Debian, it's currently in testing (Lenny) and unstable.  If you
> use Ku/Edu/Ubuntu, it's in the Intreped 'universe' repositories (maybe
> others, too).

That's nice in that it's got inclusion/exclusion of genres.

Thanks...

--
Kevin