[LAU] Decent but not necessarily pro quality USB audio for laptop?

Allan Wind allan_wind at lifeintegrity.com
Sat Jan 3 16:44:57 EST 2009

On 2009-01-03T11:05:35, david wrote:
> I'm looking for a decent but not necessarily pro-quality USB audio
> device for my laptop. The laptop currently has the usual built-in Intel
> HDA audio, with only a headphone jack out. I'd prefer something with
> line-level output.

Did you check out the archive?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Alalists.stanford.edu%2Flau+usb+audio+interface&btnG=Search

> I mostly just listen to music via the laptop, but also use it for mixing
> live recordings of my church band. (Although I might want to be able to
> occasionally record from the mixer's line outs.)

I was contemplating the Edirol UA-25 or UI-101 (the former works, the
latter does not appear well supported yet).

> Any opinions on the following devices?

Sorry, I do not have any input on any of the particular devices you
list.

/Allan
--
Allan Wind