[LAU] tool for slowing down recordings for practice and transcription

Joseph Sheedy joseph.sheedy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 23:59:54 EST 2009

Hello LAU,

I'm looking for a tool with which to slow down recordings so I can
more easily transcribe melodies.  Up to now I've been importing the
audio into Ardour and using the time stretch tool to create a slower
copy of the tracks.    It's not easy to try different speeds like this
though.  Sometimes I set the playback speed wheel to 50% to hear it at
half speed down an octave, but that's not great either.    I know
there are some shareware tools out there designed for this, such as
http://www.practice-perfect.com/transcribe.html.      What do you like to use?

Thanks!

 --Joseph Sheedy