[LAU] placement.

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Mon Jan 5 05:52:48 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 05:16:09PM +0300, alex stone wrote:

> Jorn, thanks for feedback. I've just tried one of Fon's amb plugs, and it
> repeatedly crashed ardour,
> further.

They shouldn't, and here they don't...

As to 'distance' placement, jconv is written to do the
following efficiently:

- Have a large number of short mono->b-form IRs, each
one doing the early reflections for a given source
location, and

- A single long mono->b-form IR for the reverb tail.

Then, for each source, you use *two* aux sends, the
first to one of the short IRs, and the second to the
reverb tail. Relative levels and a short delay on the
first one will allow you control apparent distance,
for a close source, the early reflection will have
to come later and be weaker and vice versa.

Creating such a config is a bit of work, it requires
splitting up the full IR, ensuring everything remains
aligned, etc. etc., but I have some. One of my projects
(after the LAC probably) will be to automate this process.

Ciao,

--
FA

Parma, Italia