[LAU] [ANN] Nama agile recorder-mixer version 0.98

Joel Roth joelz at pobox.com
Tue Jan 6 09:03:55 EST 2009

Another version of Ecasound/Nama is available at CPAN
for your multitrack recording pleasure. We are
approaching a 1.0 release!

Here are the newest changes:

- Track soloing
- Documentation rewrite
- Pager for long text listings
- Many bug fixes
- Simplified build script (preprocessing really) facilitates
  source browsing/tinkering

And a feature list:

- Based on Ecasound, a stable, full-featured audio
  processing engine.

- Very flexible template-based signal routing allows for
  multiple buses. Possible to simultaneously record and
  mixdown a live performance.

- Tracks
    + can be mono, stereo or any desired width
	+ volume/pan with any number of effects
    + signal sources from soundcard or JACK clients
	+ multiple WAV versions per track
	+ playat, reverse, select, audioloop

- Tk based GUI
    + main window and effects window
    + auto-hinting of LADSPA plugin parameters range and linear/log
	+ stable, lightweight
    + no dialog boxes considered a feature

- Full-featured text UI
  	+ Executes Ecasound commands, Nama commands, shell commands
      and perl code
    + multiple commands per line
    + help for commands and plugins

- Automated connection to JACK clients

- Marks

- Looping over entire chain setup between designated marks

- Full diagnostics with dumping of all data structures

- Persistent settings stored as browsable YAML

- Per-project configuration files

- Small codebase compared to other projects, ~7K lines

- Active development

- Hackable, extensible

Caveat! We're having some difficulties compiling
Audio::Ecasound, on which Nama depends, for x86-64.

The easiest way to install Nama is from CPAN:

 	cpan Audio::Ecasound::Multitrack

If you'd prefer to install from sources, you can copy the
repository thus:

	git clone git://github.com/bolangi/nama.git

Build instructions are found in the README.

I'm interested in any comments, bug reports, feature
requests, etc. you may have.

Regards,

--
Joel Roth