[LAU] Decent but not necessarily pro quality USB audio for laptop?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Jan 7 03:17:53 EST 2009

Ken Restivo wrote:

>>> I've been happy with my M-Audio FastTrack Pro USB for almost 18 months now.
>>>
>>> -ken
>> Thanks for the testimony, Ken, but that's way beyond my needs!
>
> Really? It was $60 used on Craigslist.

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse. While the $60 would have barely fit the
budget, the features of the FastTrack Pro USB are more than I need. I
have a small hardware mixer with jacks for microphones and such.

> I mean, as for a cheap audio interface, I've used a no-brand Taiwanese $6 USB audio card for years too.

I looked at some of those. Like the Cyba one at newegg.com. I could
never tell if they were supported by Linux.

FWIW, I almost dropped the idea of a new sound device for the laptop in
favor of ordering a 1010LT for the server ...

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community