[LAU] recommendations for midi controller keyboard

Jamie McLaughlin j.mclaughlin at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Jan 7 06:20:45 EST 2009

Another vote for the Edirol PCR-800. It's brilliant. It also comes in in
smaller sizes if that's more suitable:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=864&ParentId=114

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=863&ParentId=114

Midi over USB is a standard, and all controller keyboards which properly
comply with the standard are supported by the 'snd-usb-audio' kernel module.

Jamie