[LAU] Distributions kernels'n stuff

Svend-Erik Kjær Madsen sv-e at sv-e.dk
Thu Jan 8 17:29:31 EST 2009

ons, 07 01 2009 kl. 10:10 +0100, skrev Cassiel:
> Hi,
>
> 64studio it's debian with a RT kernel so IMHO there's no need in using
> it when you can have a brand new debian lenny and adding the rest.
>
> I have a lenovo R61 and it works perfectly even with the poor intel
> onboard audio card.
>
> Compile/patching a kernel it's quite easy following this good tutorial
> (http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Low_latency_howto) in
> order to obtain a RT one.
> Debian has also a kernel-package suite to build kernels and generate a
> debian archive (.deb)
>
> Wireless tools and other wireless related pkgs are in debian, you only
> have to be sure to load the proper kernel module for your wireless
> card when booting.
>
> Ardour can easily be installed using subversion
> (http://ardour.org/download_full) and following the howto at
> http://ardour.org/building
>
> That's my belief as debian fan but if you don't like the "debian way"
> have a look at http://ccrma.stanford.edu/

> regards
> raffaele
Hi

I work with the kernel issue now, but seem to be stuked in a
documentation fault.

<cut>
make[1]: Forlader katalog '/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.26'
/usr/bin/make  EXTRAVERSION=-rt-200811111930  ARCH=i386 \
			     -C Documentation/lguest
make[1]: Går til katalog
'/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.26/Documentation/lguest'
cc -Wall -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -O3 -I../../include
lguest.c  -lz -o lguest
lguest.c:34:18: error: zlib.h: Ingen sådan fil eller filkatalog
make[1]: *** [lguest] Fejl 1
make[1]: Forlader katalog
'/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.26/Documentation/lguest'
make: *** [debian/stamp/build/kernel] Fejl 2
</cut>

Sorry for the Danish version of my Lenny but it's there I live ;) it's
all about a missing zlib.h and lguest.c  What do I need to install
beside the kernel source and the rt patch, before I can make the
rt-kernel, some kind of documentation source ?

Thanks in advantage, and for reading

/Sv-e