[LAU] surround sound with stereo usb DACs?

Joel Roth joelz at pobox.com
Sat Jan 10 21:18:16 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 09:20:50AM +0100, Frank Barknecht
wrote:

> Google "el cheapo soundcard" for the long story.
>
> It's better to invest in a real multi channel soundcard,
> something like the M-Audio Delta 1010.

These cards are free from drift between channels in half
duplex mode, as suits the application the original poster
discussed. However I think it is worth re-iterating that in
full-duplex mode, these cards are subject to drift between
playback and capture operation in, which will tend to
result in xruns.

http://ardour.org/node/2296

Regards,

--