[LAU] surround sound with stereo usb DACs?

Bearcat M. Şandor hometheater at feline-soul.com
Wed Jan 14 23:14:54 EST 2009

On Wednesday 14 January 2009 18:01:06 Loki Davison wrote:
> D/A conversion isn't done in the box with the sound card i mentioned,
> the echo 3g i have. Google for pics. But on cards where it is, sounds
> quality / isolation / noise is still far better than most usb cards.
> The whole usb / out of box thing is cheesy sales pitch basically. Get
> a cheap pci card => be happy. Look at anything with envy chip
> basically and m-audio delta, echo's cards, etc. Should find a much
> better setup than a bunch of dodgy usb things. > than one card is a
> really bad idea unless they are designed for it, and from my
> experience, usb audio is a really bad idea on it own ;)
Thanks Loki.  I appreciate the help.
I actually have a M-Audio delta 1010LT. I found i could not play two streams
at the same time. So i  hooked things up to the intelHD (onboard sound) and
was amazed at how much better it sounded.  I was dumbstruck. A cloudiness was
gone and imaging was much more precise.   I don't know what to say save that
my intelhd may have advanced past the Delta 1010LT. It's an old card and this
board is only  year old.

--
Bearcat M. Şandor
Bearcat at feline-soul.net