[LAU] news: Loomer VST plugins and the pizmidi plugs

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Fri Jan 16 06:31:01 EST 2009

Paul Davis schrieb:
     http://www.loomer.co.uk/downloads.htm

> how quickly we all forget Taapir.

Yeah - now, that you mention it...
Tried to find it for a recent Suse but with no success, so I
downloaded/installed from source to find out, why I seldom used it.

> it can't be *synced* to a beat directly, but it can do the "all delay
> times are integer fractions/multiples of tempo" thing (the effect is
> very, very pleasing).

This works, but to set up tapiir to achieve a simple feedback delay to
add  a swinging dub to a snaredrum is not easy. I'd still prefer the
simple LADSPA 1-second feedback-delay for that, though this one has no
machanism to relate delaytimes to BPM. Simply because it can be set with
only but 2 sliders.
Of course, it would be much cooler, to have a delay, that can be set
sufficiently by 2 sliders and that still offers 100 or so more settings,
if you want more...
Thanks anyway for mentioning the BPM-feature in Tapiir, I will look some
more into it, maybe get used to it and forget about my wish to have a
all new delayapp with BPM-sync ;-)