[LAU] RT kernel & Adam Samson patch

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Jan 18 02:44:50 EST 2009

I manually applied that change. Are there more places to patch as well?

I will probably never use 2.6.26. Not because of MIDI issues, though.

I have been using 2.6.23 with Ingo's patch, the sources actually from Musix,
not from Debian. Because I have a via-chipset mb, the disk DMA did not work.
Had to compile in (or place in an initrd) the via ide driver and that worked.

2.6.26 has severe problems with this and DMA usually gets disabled after
errors in the init (involving hald). Reenabling it is simple enough but
dangerous.

I probably cannot go on the newer kernels until either this is resolved or the
generic-ide driver will work correctly with the via chips.