[LAU] was loomer VST - BPM-Delay, Bounty and stuff

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Mon Jan 19 09:23:17 EST 2009

Hartmut Noack wrote:
> how could I be blind enough to ignore the fantastic, cool and
> promising-a-great-future-for-free-FX-plugins CALF-Collection??

Maybe you don't know about my articles ?

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/november-cornucopia-one-month-linux-audio

Just kidding. The truth is that it's getting harder to keep up with
everything (i.e. everything Linux audio) that gets publicly released
these days. Even in my recent lists of updates I missed the fact that
LMMS had a major release in December.

    http://lmms.sourceforge.net/

Anyone here into LilyPond helpers ? If you're not on the LP lists you
probably won't know about the new Frescobaldi editor :

    http://www.frescobaldi.org/

Also, Werner Schweer's very cool MuseScore is up to version 0.9.4 in SVN :

    http://www.musescore.org/

No, it's not Finale (yet), but the Web site does include an interesting
comparison between MuseScore and Finale Notepad.

> The Calf Vintage Delay completely qualifies as a perfect fullfillment
> for all the wishes I issued here regarding a simple-to-work-with, good
> sounding and configurable delay with BPM-parameter.

Excellent news. I have yet to really get into the CALF collection, but
one of its most appealing qualities is its inclusion of standalone progs
along with the plugin versions. The Loomer products do likewise, so
perhaps a future article will compare the Loomer progs/plugs with some
of the software we've mentioned already (Amsynth, ZynAddSubFX, CALF) to
see whether the cost factor adds any significant value.

Best,

dp