[LAU] lost sound (it had been working)

Reid Vail rsv869 at roadrunner.com
Tue Jan 20 17:24:27 EST 2009

The Mic was a really generic stand-alone 6-year-old component.  A mic at
one end, a 5-foot cord and a jack at the other.  Worked fine on a Dell
laptop (with an integrated socket) but never got it to work with my
ubuntu machine.  Nothing suspicious about it whatsoever (that I know of).

But that is a good idea about the a live-linux CD or knoppix, which I
also have and might be good for a test.

Thanks

Reid