[LAU] edirol fa-66 HELP - cant get it working...

Thu Jan 22 10:11:58 EST 2009

hi list,

I have a edirol fa-66 but don't know how to get it working.
I'm using ubuntu studio 8.04

I tried with jack + Freebob and it works for some seconds/minutes...
starts with:

*libiec61883 warning: Established connection on channel 0.
You may need to manually set the channel on the receiving node.
libiec61883 warning: Established connection on channel 1.
You may need to manually set the channel on the transmitting node.

* and soon it freezes or crashes with this message:

*LibFreeBoB ERR: watchdog: timeout*

*06:49:15.279 JACK is being forced...*

*cannot complete execution of the processing graph (Sucesso)*

*zombified - calling shutdown handler*

I got the  FFADO repositorie for ubuntu and installed it all.
But when I try to use it, I got the same error messages...

My firewire controller (lspci) is:
FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller (rev 05)

I have no problem of changing my distribution, if that would get the
equipment to work stable.
Is there a distro where it works better?

thanks for the help anyway! Hope someone can give me some advice.