[LAU] How to make Kaffeine play through Audiophile 2496?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Jan 25 03:44:46 EST 2009

Roger E wrote:

> david wrote:
>> Using Debian Etch, no sound, nothing. Even with envy24control set.
>>
>> Booted the PC with a Sidux Live CD (2008-4 release) and Kaffeine plays
>> through the Audiophile without doing anything.
>>
>> I tried capturing the asound.state file when running Sidux, copied
>> that to replace my existing state file, reloaded it using alsactl -
>> and still no sound.
>>
>> What's up with that?
>>
> Audiophile 2496 in Lenny here works fine. I've attached my asound.state.
> I do get a boot error but assume it's because 2496 wasn't present when I
> first set up the system? All audio works fine, though, including
> Kaffeine and Jack apps.

Thanks, but that didn't help, either. I even tried deleting asound.state
and rebooting, but no luck.

I ran alsaconf, let it find the Audiophile and modify modprobe.d. That
put the Audiophile in as hw:0 and appears to have made it the ALSA default.

I'm glad that Linux audio is so straightforward to set up.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community